Check your MySQL error log and see if there are any errors. You can access your MySQL error log from the MySQL tab.
The most common problem with MySQL Server not starting is another mysql service running on the same port. To check this
- Quit MAMP PRO.
- Open the Task Manager.
- Go to the processes tab.
- Type "mysqld" into the search field on the top right.
- Quit every process you find after your search.
- Restart MAMP PRO.
If you receive an error in your log file similar to
Failed to open log (file '2019-01-16T08:48:04.618041Z 0 [Note] C:\MAMP\\bin\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe: Normal shutdown', errno 13)
2019-01-18T18:29:37.168842Z 0 [ERROR] Could not open log file
- With Windows Explorer go to folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\Appsolute\MAMPPRO\db\
First backup all files that begin with mysql-bin.*
Then delete all files that begin with mysql-bin.* (including mysql-bin.index file.)
- Now disable binary log-bin in MAMP PRO
For MAMP PRO:
Please check option File->Edit Template->MySQL mysql.ini ; this opens mysql configuration template, then search for line:
and comment this line by adding # character at start of line.
- Now to save and restart servers.