We are aware of this behaviour. In MAMP PRO 4 the application now only asks for admin credentials on the very first start. Unfortunately, the application still needs the user to be a member of the admin group, though. We will continue working on this topic so that standard users can fully use MAMP PRO 4.
Articles in this section
- I cannot get my Remote site to work?
- I want to revert back to MAMP PRO 4.5.
- I upgraded to MAMP PRO 5 and I am missing databases.
- How do I recover my license key / serial number?
- My MySQL Server will not start?
- Where can I find more help and troubleshooting articles?
- I did not receive my invoice?
- Where is my MAMP PRO 5 database data located?
- Why do I need admin rights to install MAMP PRO ?
- How do I verify xip.io is working ?