We are aware of this behaviour. In MAMP PRO 4 the application now only asks for admin credentials on the very first start. Unfortunately, the application still needs the user to be a member of the admin group, though. We will continue working on this topic so that standard users can fully use MAMP PRO 4.
Articles in this section
- How do I recover my license key / serial number?
- My MySQL Server will not start?
- Where can I find more help and troubleshooting articles?
- Do I need my /Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/db/mysql directory?
- I want to revert back to MAMP PRO 3.52.
- Why do I need admin rights to install MAMP PRO ?
- How do I verify xip.io is working ?
- Is my MAMP PRO 3 license valid for MAMP PRO 3 Windows?
- My webStart page shows a "Cannot Connect To Server" error when it opens.
- How do I do a complete uninstall and re-install of MAMP PRO?