Sometimes it is necessary to completely uninstall and reinstall MAMP PRO.
To completely uninstall MAMP PRO use the following steps.
0. Write down your Apache, MySQL, and DynDNS port numbers. They are located on the 'General' Tab. Some Content Management Systems are port dependent.
1. Backup any host files that are located in the Applications/MAMP folder. It is best not to keep host files in your Applications/MAMP folder, a better location would be MyUserName/Websites.
2. Backup your databases. They are located in /Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/db . These files, if not backed up in a safe location, will be erased by the MAMP Uninstaller.
3. Use the Uninstaller Applications/MAMP PRO folder to completely uninstall MAMP and MAMP PRO.
4. Throw your Applications/MAMP folder in the trash.
5. Download a new version of MAMP PRO and install.
6. Set your port numbers back to your previous port numbers.
7. Copy back your database and host files to their original locations if needed.