Sometimes it is necessary to completely uninstall and reinstall MAMP PRO.
To completely uninstall MAMP PRO use the following steps:
- Write down your Apache, MySQL, and DynDNS port numbers. They are located on the "General" Tab. Some Content Management Systems are port dependent.
- Backup any host files that are located in the "/Applications/MAMP" folder. It is best not to keep host files in your "/Applications/MAMP" folder, a better location would be "/Users/MyUserName/Sites".
- Backup your databases. They are located in "/Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/db". These files, if not backed up in a safe location, will be erased by the MAMP Uninstaller.
- Use the Uninstaller located in MAMP PRO, with MAMP PRO open, go to the menu, MAMP PRO > Uninstall. This will completely uninstall MAMP and MAMP PRO.
- Throw your "/Applications/MAMP" folder in the trash.
- Download a new version of MAMP PRO and install.
- Set your port numbers back to your previous port numbers.
- Copy back your database and host files to their original locations if needed. You will need to remake your hosts.